Look Alike Mix Up

| Wednesday, February 10, 2010 | |

This past week, as many others did, I posted a picture of a celebrity people often tell me I resemble on my Facebook page. I've been told since way back, probably 14, that I look like Sarah Michelle Gellar. Truthfully, I don't see it at all but apparently many others do. Several days after posting her picture, I received a Facebook message from a family member who has not seen me in YEARS! She wanted to tell me how BEAUTIFUL I looked in my photo. Then several minutes later sent me another message saying that she had looked farther down my profile at some comments and then realized it really was not me but sure looked like it. One thing I was thinking was, "Okay she really must not of watched many movies in the late 90's." But the other more important, and yet sad realization I had was "This is the one time anyone has ever genuinely told me I looked beautiful in a Facebook photo and it wasn't even me!" But I just have to laugh because it truly is hilarious. It reminds me of when I was younger and the times that I got the most comments on my cute outfits was when I had borrowed them from a friend!

2 comments:

Kathy Shouse Says:
February 11, 2010 at 4:11 AM

Ahhh but you misquoted what I said. I said it was a beautiful picture of you meaning I loved the photography. You are an absolutely beautiful young woman whether the picture is one taken by a friend or by a professional. There's not a picture of you without your beautiful smile. You don't ever have to doubt that you are beautiful whether anyone has ever taken the time to tell you that.
April, I don't remember ever meeting you but possibly at my mother in-laws funeral a long time ago. You would have very young.
And you're right, I didn't have much time for movies in the 90's. I think I have seen this young actress before but not sure in what.
Anyway, have a wonderful day! Love you!!

April Kahlich Says:
February 11, 2010 at 4:57 AM

Haha! It's totally fine! I took it as a good laugh and thought it deserved a blog. "Sad realization" was some sarcasim. =) I'm really ok! haha

Post a Comment