Rainy Day Activities

| Monday, July 12, 2010 | |
On days like today, when it's nothing but cloudy skies and rain, I'm always trying to come up with different things that Kinsleigh and I can do indoors. Our child gets bored VERY easily, unfortunately. I tried to put some creative ideas into action today and then thought I would share some of the different things you could do with a very little one when going outside is not an option.

1) Make props for some of his/her favorite books
This can be with felt pieces, laminated magnets, puppets, etc. Kinsleigh loves when I read her stories and then she can play with the pieces too as it goes along with it.

2) Make home made play doh
This activity never fails. I make mine with kool aid so it smells really yummy. (recipes are all over online) Then you can just give them cookie cutters that you already have for them to use.

3) Finger paint in cool whip or shaving cream
Obviously for Kinsleigh's age I have to still do the cool whip since she might try to eat it.

4) Make an obstacle course using different items inside the house

5) Tape big poster boards on the tile floor and let them color away with washable markers

6) Bring a tub of water inside with sponges. Add a little dish soap to make it even more exciting. Our sponges are animal shaped so she likes to hide them under the bubbles and ask "where'd horsey go?!" You'll want to lay several towels down all around the tub for this activity.

Let me know the ideas you've discovered that your toddler really seems to enjoy doing indoors. And if you ever need any other ideas, I have PLENTY more where these came from. Enjoy! And let the rainy days become the most exciting days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment