Sponge Brain

| Sunday, October 10, 2010 | |
So I'm pretty sure Kinsleigh's brain is pure sponge. She soaks up everything around her to the point I cannot believe!!! Many times she comes home singing whole entire songs word for word that I've never taught her but she heard on a CD ONCE that day at school. But here is the craziest part of it all. This is a picture of Kinsleigh's little magnet board...


Every letter you see there, Kinsleigh can identify EACH time without fail. That's 17 out of 26! And she's not even 2! Holy cow! So I had to take a picture of it just to prove it. I decided to put this to test because she was consistently going around telling us what certain letters were that she saw around our house. So I sat down, held up every one of her magnets one by one and she told me what these were. I can't give credit to myself for any of this, but rather "Super Why" from PBS. We've always been very strict about TV watching but she does get to see "Super Why" a couple times a week for about 15 min. while Daddy hops in the shower. Guess she's really learning something in that time! WOW! But the most fun thing we've heard that her brain has absorbed lately is "Baby" by Justin Beiber...I don't know that I can say I'm proud of that one though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment