Craftiness

| Saturday, July 9, 2011 | |
I was feeling somewhat crafty these past couple weeks, being stuck inside for the summer to beat the heat. Here's the latest project I decided to take on. I made me a fun and fancy calendar for my wall in the kitchen. I'm very visual and we are very busy so I needed everything to be "BAM!" Right in my face! That way, I wouldn't miss a thing of what was going on each day.

First we painted with magnetic paint, covered by chalkboard paint...



Then after waiting 5 days before I could even write on it, we painted a little design in the corners to jazz it up (by we I mean Sean. I am crafty but not an artist). And in the meantime I was making all the magnetic letters and numbers. Letters were just printed off the computer then put on magnetic backing and cut out. Numbers I also printed off computer but then covered them with rocks and placed heavier magnetic backing on. Finished it off with chalk lines and tada! Here it is...

0 comments:

Post a Comment