Insignificance

| Wednesday, September 26, 2012 | |
A certain theme keeps arising in sermons I hear, songs I listen to, and especially in my own personal times with the Lord.  And that is the word "Insignificant." Not in the sense that I am insignificant to God because that is by all means not true but that in the whole scheme of things I truly am insignificant to the world in it's entirety.  Nothing in this life is about me.  Never has been, never will be.  Nor is it about you. The bible says 

"You do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:14

A mist! The mist you see when you awake some days is typically gone by mid morning.  What a great metaphor for the briefness of our lives. Take a moment and ponder on that. 

I don't know why I ever think for a moment that I "should" have something or that God or someone else "should" do something for me.  How ridiculous.  But I also use this verse as a reminder in the tough times.  A reminder to slow it down and enjoy every moment I can because what is happening at the current moment isn't going to last forever.  Barely ever at all.  And I can keep going.  Going and looking forward to each and every next day, just in case there won't be a next one. We are never promised tomorrow.

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring." Proverbs 27:1

Material things don't matter. Fame doesn't matter.  Stop being arrogant. Here I am, having a nice casual little visit in this world. A mini vacay if you will, until I get to live with my King forever in heaven.  So if times get hard, I'm simply having a bad day, or if I even begin to think for one moment that this world is about me, it is but a breath to Him.  But here's the cool part...you ready?  God still cares for you intimately and thinks you are awesome!  He is woven into every aspect of your life on a deeper level than any person ever could be.  You're not compared to any other person nor do you get put aside until he's done taking care of someone else.  He loves you despite your disgusting life.  He doesn't have to, because you are a teeny tiny spec in this universe after all, but he does.  Because that's what grace is. Unfathomable grace.  

My thoughts for the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment