Our Precious Gift

| Monday, March 8, 2010 | |
Thinking and looking through some old stuff today and came across this poem I had written for Kinsleigh when I was only 3 months pregnant with her. Didn't even know she was a girl at this point! Just had never shared it with anyone...so thought "Hey! Why not now?!"

Our Precious Gift

Sweet Child, you are our miracle from God.
I feel a sense of love coming on that I never knew existed.
When I sit down and think of you, the tears come because I am overwhelmed that we could be given such a gift.
I never knew the love I could feel for someone I have never even seen.
My body is not that strong and the risks are high,
But what does that matter when you trust the man in the sky?!
And you know what is amazing, absolutely astounding?
Because of you I am stronger, no longer anxious, and I am full of joy that I know will keep bounding.
I never want you to suffer or see you in pain and I pray daily that my disease will not carry onto you in any shape or way.
As you grow older, I will nurture you until I can no longer.
I pray that God will do everything in his power to make sure your bodies healthier than mine, and much stronger.
Oh, for the sleepless nights ahead when you will be crying with no end.
I will be thankful for them later and want them back again.
What color of eyes, hair, and shade of skin?
Maybe daddy’s laugh cause I love that part of him!
I hope that I raise you in all the ways that are right
And that you will always know that I love you every day,
For the rest of your life.

-April (Mom)
April 14, 2008






Our precious girl inside my belly at 32 weeks!

1 comments:

Anonymous Says:
March 8, 2010 at 7:22 PM

That was amazing April! Thank you for sharing! Seems like she was in there just yesterday!
-Erica Kerr

Post a Comment