Scary turned Special Day

| Friday, May 7, 2010 | |

Today potentially could have been one of the most traumatic days in our life with Kinsleigh thus far. Thankfully it was the complete opposite. One of the most exhausting though? I could go with that. I slept probably a total of 4 hours last night in worried anticipation for what was coming in the morning. I know that I shouldn't have been since worrying is not of the Lord but I could not get control of it. Finally got out of bed at 5:30am to grab a few last things together before going to pick Kins up out of her bed a few minutes before 6. She of course totally wakes up when we get into the car and decides to be bright and cheery instead of going back to sleep (this however worked to our advantage later). When we arrived, it was a waiting room filled with little children waiting to have procedures done. That made me feel a little better in and of itself because I visually could see "Ok, she's not the only one. MANY children do this each and every day." By the time we got her back to her room, her tiredness was catching up to her so she just kind of chilled in our lap and wasn't her normal running around the room crazy self, which was nice for a change. We put her into her sweet little tiger hospital gown and I must say she is the cutest thing I've ever seen in a hospital gown. I rocked her in my arms until the nurse came in with the "crazy juice" in a syringe. Once Kinsleigh took it, it was only within minutes that she started to get more relaxed and less cranky around the doctors. They then picked her up to take her away and that's when my tears came once I realized she wasn't even scared to go with a stranger. That juice stuff really works well! We went into the waiting room for no longer than 15 min then we were back with her in her little recovery room. She looked so peaceful sleeping with her blankie, an eye patch on her now healed eye, and a bed that was way too oversized for her. She continued to sleep for another 35 minutes and the entire time I'm fearing what her reaction is going to be when she wakes up. I can just envision all the kicking and screaming that will happen since that is what is going on with all the other children waking around us. But what does our sweet little girl do? She slowly opens her one eye, stretches, and after a couple minutes just points up at the ceiling and says "light!" Then started jabbering away and saying her numbers! That's my girl! I'm so proud of her!

0 comments:

Post a Comment