Clever Cookie!

| Sunday, August 14, 2011 | |

True Delights...what our child believes to be the best dessert in the world.

I've always tried to do fairly well with keeping the kiddo away from sweets from day one. So much so that many times when someone is eating some kind of candy she asks, "what is that Mommy?"

It pays off because when those times come that she does get a special "treat," it's really REALLY special. Kid never misses it when Daddy or I are eating a cookie. We try to sneak them and think we are doing a good job, but it never fails, she figures it out. I realized how obsessed she is with a cookie just the other day when this happened...

I made some yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies and she saw me eating one but of course it was almost time for lunch so I told her she had to wait. She kept begging so I told her, "If you ask me one more time, you don't get one." She's a 2 year old, so of course she asked again.

After we got over our tantrum of not getting a cookie we went back to playing and everything she did had to do with a cookie. It was quite clever I must say.
She'd stand upside down and say "Look, I'm standing on my head, just like a cookie does." or while playing with her Little People dollhouse say "look, they're eating cookies at the table," or "look, I'm dancing like a cookie." It was hilarious and I couldn't help but laugh. How in the world does a 2 year old learn to be so clever? Not to mention turn my frustration into a smile. Gosh I love that kid.

And yes, she did get the cookie. After dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment