My occupation is Mommy

| Wednesday, November 30, 2011 | |
Many days, like yesterday, I feel being a stay at home mom is not exactly my cup of tea if you know what I mean. But then there are days, like today, that I find joy in the little things of being a stay at home mommy and wouldn't trade it for the world. Today I am thankful to be with my girls and glad my day went as follows...

1) My three year old giving me big hugs and telling me she loves me "bunches and bunches" over and over again.
2) As I prepare my littlest for morning nap, she lays her head on my shoulder and starts playing with my hair (love this about her!) while she cuddles her blankie.
3) I played pixiehollow.com for a half hour with Kins playing fairy games just to try and earn her enough points so we could buy stuff.
4) Sat on the couch and read some good books together
5) After lunch we headed to the library where they had all sorts of fun
6) After we got home and watched a sort DVD that kinsleigh had picked out, she went down so peacefully for a nap while Kyla entertained herself in the living room (this rarely happens).
7) I played with beads hanging from a lamp with Kyla (who knew?) and thoroughly enjoyed it!
8) Sang some songs and rocked her while I tickled her little head. She just stared at me with those big blue eyes until she trailed right off to sleep.
9) Now they are both sleeping soundly as I am able to sit and type this blog.

When I'm having a bad day, these sweet, precious days are what keep me going. Only 8 1/2 more months and this will no longer be my full time occupation. So I may complain at times, but I'm going to soak it all in while I can.



0 comments:

Post a Comment