Mind of a Child

| Monday, April 30, 2012 | |
Doesn't the mind of a child just fascinate you?  They just say the silliest things and at the end of each day I've usually got a quote or two that I could jot down in the memory book that just makes me giggle.  Things that are nearly meaningless to us can mean the world or the end of the world to them.

Just take trying to get a 3 year old to eat her veggies for example.  This is for real the face she gave me when I asked her to take a bite last night.


Yeah sure I know they aren't the best, especially since I buy them with "no salt added" but really???

But the thing that I love most about children is this...they see the good in all things.  Seeing bad in objects. people, anything, is something only learned by example in a broken world.  When you are 3 years old, Mommy's messy ponytail can be SO beautiful, an ant can be so adorable, the neighbors barking dog can be "oh so sweet", and a dandelion weed can seem to be the most beautiful and fascinating thing she's seen her whole life.  For me, I complain because my hair never looks right, I make sure I kill every ant I see get in the house, if the dog next door doesn't stop barking before I have to go to sleep I just may go crazy, and I want to do any and everything to get rid of those pesky dandelions in our backyard.


But then it's hard for me to want to get rid of them because she finds such joy in picking them and to her they aren't a problem, they are another one of God's beautiful creations.  What if we could have a positive outlook on all things in life like a child?  How different could our attitudes be and how far less judgmental?  Just a little thought for your day!  Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment