Decade

| Sunday, June 3, 2012 | |
Decades. When you are a child, a decade seems like forever. But as the years go on and you get older, they truly do go faster. I guess it's believed because we are constantly looking forward to the next "thing" which makes the days just fly along. But only a decade ago I was 18! Weird just thinking of all the things that have changed since I was 18. Yet everything so much the same at the same time. But a decade ago today marks a very saddened memorable day. A decade ago today I lost a very dear and close friend in a tragic car accident. I remember every detail of June 3, 2002 from start to finish in vivid detail. From what I did before the accident, to when I found out, to how I responded and everything else in between. It took me about four years to stop having repetitive dreams of either Justin getting to come back for a short 24 hours so I could spend it with him in more meaningful ways or I myself dying and going to heaven and seeing him. He would always be in a blue collared shirt and black pants when I would see him there. As we have all aged ever so slightly every year, he will forever be etched as an 18 year old young man in our minds. When I think of all the things he has missed here on earth... college, going on to play pro ball, getting married...it saddens me, but then I am reminded that he gets to be in a much better place rockin out with Jesus. The impact he has made on thousands of people's lives since is unbelievable. Not many can leave such a powerful legacy. He is still dearly missed by all his friends and family but we are so proud of what he has done. I'm so glad you are forever happy. Miss you "mattress" (it's a long story)

0 comments:

Post a Comment