365 Reasons

| Sunday, December 2, 2012 | |
This past year (beginning Thanksgiving Day 2011)  I put together a journal of reasons I am thankful.  At the end of every single day, for an entire year, I wrote something down.  The main reason I wanted to do this was to make it a guarantee that at the end of all my days, no matter if they were good, bad, unbelievable, or stressful I would pull out something positive that I was thankful/grateful for.  It truly did give me a much more positive outlook on life and I would highly recommend trying it out or doing something similar.  I think this next year, I'm going to give it another round starting on New Years Day.  Some days I don't even remember specifically why I wrote what I did which makes it even more enjoyable to look back on.

Thought I would share a few of my thanks...



Day 6- I'm thankful for days that Sean and I work great together as a team


Day 11- Thankful for a loving church family who genuinely prays for my hurting family

Day 18- Thankful Kinsleigh will at least play in her room with her eyes open.  (I will never forget those hard days but glad I can look back now and see where I was positive).

Day 19- Thankful for the means to give to others

Day 28- Thankful for little kids BIG smiles

Day  52- Thankful for a husband who takes his daughter on "Daddy daughter dates".

Day 57- Grateful for generous people in the church who give us gift cards to places to eat we ourselves could never afford. =)

Day 68- Grateful for the endurance Christ gives me when all I want to do is give up.

Day 79- Thankful for irresistible, unhealthy breakfasts!

Day 96- Thankful for Oreos

Day 114- Thankful for endurance

Day 137- Days like today make this hard, but yet still thankful to the Lord for friends who do care and will lend a listening ear.

Day 152- Thankful for a great night with my cell group girls!

Day 179- So thankful for forgiveness from my heavenly Father when I am definitely NOT the best Mommy in the world!

Day 189- So blessed to have raised a polite child

Day 196- So blessed to have the opportunity to throw a baby shower for my best friend who's baby was dearly prayed for often and is finally growing healthy inside her beautiful body!

Day 211- Grateful for good moods despite bad naps

Day 220- Thankful Kinsleigh got brave enough to do sparklers! =)

Day 228- Grateful for yummy snow cones on hot summer days

Day 249- Thankful that I don't have to worry about standing firm in what I believe in!

Day 263- Thankful for BLAST games of hide and seek!

Day 279- Thankful for hospitality of friends

Day 286- Thankful for blowing bubbles with kiddos. It's so peaceful and fun!

Day 306- Thankful for a rockstar babysitter while we are at New Life Ranch! Huge blessing!

Day 308- Thankful for awesome Old Navy sales. (haha)

Day 318- Kinsleigh peed in the potty twice today! Hallelujah!

Day 322- Beautiful weather, beautiful babies! I'm blessed!

Day 337- Grateful some days we just get to stay in and do NOTHING

Day 356- Grateful to sometimes let loose and not care that I'm putting my girl to bed with a severe case of the giggles!

Some serious, some silly, but all so very true!  Now, when I read this I have to ask myself, why would I ever complain? ;) My life has been blessed beyond words!

1 comments:

Amanda Tumilty Says:
December 2, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I love day 306 as well as many others:-)

Post a Comment