Life is short

| Tuesday, June 29, 2010 | |

Why is it now that I'm older, summer seems like it goes by so fast? And all other times of the year for that matter. I just remember as a kid feeling like summer lasted FOREVER! And of course all "older" people telling me all the time "just wait until you get older, the time goes by much more quickly" I never really thought much of it and figured that feeling wouldn't happen until I was at least 40 but here I am and it's already happening. I'd say it started about 20. Has anybody really thought about why this is so? Is it just because of children's carefree feelings? They don't have all the appointments and meetings in their calendar books, therefore the fun never ends! They are living for today...we're living for tomorrow. Always looking forward to something that is going to happen later. But why do we do this, because our lives are already SO short? So let's live for today and try to enjoy them a little more and then maybe our life will seem even longer! hmm...worth a shot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment